Instructions to request your VA Education Benefits
At the present time, our physical office space remains closed. All documentation related to a student's request for benefits must be submitted electronically.
Please do not drop paper copies of your documentation off in the office, slide papers under the door, or leave them with another office.
To complete the Certification Request Form electronically, you will need Adobe Reader. Download Adobe reader online.
- Download the Certification Request for Benefits form and save it.
- Open the file using Adobe Reader.
- From the menu with the colorful icons in the right-hand margin, select Fill and Sign, the purple icon that looks like a pencil facing downward and to the left.
- Then select Fill, Sign, and Send.
- Now you are ready to type in your form. A box will appear over the spaces where you can type your answers. When you get to questions that require a mark or circle, use the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Sign and date your form. You may type your name to sign.
- Save your form as an Adobe pdf file.
- Run the correct Degree Audit from LionPATH. There are two kinds of audits to run in LionPATH, a What if report or an Academic Requirements Report. To determine which report to run, log into LionPATH and click the navy blue bar, Academic Records, then under Academic Background, look in the mainframe for Plans and Sub plans. In this section, look for your Academic Plan. If the information in Academic Plan ends with “_PMAJ” you will run a what-if report. Otherwise, you will run an academic requirements report.
- If you need help running your report, LionPATH provides excellent tutorials. Page down to the section called Degree Audit.
- Read through the report to ensure that all classes meet outstanding requirements. If you need to make schedule changes, consult your academic adviser. Rerun the report after schedule changes are made.
- Download and save your degree audit as an Adobe pdf file.
Submit your Certification Request Form and your degree audit from your Penn State email to [email protected].