Application to Enrollment, Penn State Admissions Process
- Complete the Application for Admission.
- Include a copy of your military transcript along with your admissions credentials.
- Receive an Offer of Admission from Penn State.
- Pay enrollment fees. See the Offer of admission or log into a Friends of Penn State Account. (NB: The VA doesn’t pay these fees.)
- Complete your online math placement test (ALEKS). Invitation sent via email.
- First-year and new transfer students sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO).
- Complete your Pre-Registration Activity Guide and the Financial Responsibility Agreement in LionPATH.
- Change of campus and re-enrollment students, meet with your new adviser to schedule classes.
- Get a Penn State id+ card.
- First-year and new transfer students attend NSO, meet with your adviser, and schedule classes.
Getting Approved for your GI Bill® Benefits
- Apply for your VA Education Benefits. Find your correct application.
- Receive a letter in the mail from the VA. This is your Certificate of Eligibility and details what benefits you are eligible to receive.
- Email your Certificate of Eligibility to the Penn State Altoona Office of Veterans Affairs. Send scanned PDFs to [email protected].
- Also, submit the following documents:
- Veterans and Guard/Reserve: Member 4 copy of DD214
- VRE: ask VRE counselor to submit Purchase Order to Penn State
- Spouse/Dependent—no documentation required other than the Certificate of Eligibility
Getting Financial Aid
All Students: apply for student aid even if you don’t anticipate you will need it.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Our Title IV School Code is 003329. Apply by May 1 for maximum consideration.
- Consideration for some Penn State merit scholarships requires submission of the FAFSA.