The Learning Resources Center (LRC) will offer online tutoring sessions through Zoom during the spring 2021 semester. Below you will find the tutoring schedules, course information, and Zoom meeting IDs. You can join a Zoom meeting by entering the meeting ID into the Zoom Web Portal, the desktop app, or the mobile app. Please see the directions below. For more information about Zoom, please see the Zoom Meeting Quick Start Guide.
Join a meeting via Zoom
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Zoom Web Portal.
- Click Join (Connect to a meeting) to be connected to the Join a Meeting page to input your meeting ID.
- Enter the Meeting ID into the field. The meeting ID is the 9, 10, or 11-digit number located in the schedule below.
- Click Join.
Please select a topic from the menu to see corresponding courses and available tutoring times.
About the Learning Resources Center
Penn State Altoona's Learning Resources Center (LRC) helps students to be successful in learning. All services are free to Penn State Altoona students. The LRC is located on the first floor of the Eiche Library. Tutoring is handled primarily by professional tutors or by instructors from the discipline during the fall and spring semesters. In some subjects, peer tutoring is also available. Peer tutors are students who have aced the class you are seeking help with and have received tutor training.
Please remember that tutoring is not intended to replace your class, but to add more detail to what you have learned in class or during your instructor’s office hours.
To access these free services:
- Choose the schedule for your course from the menu.
- Show up at the place and time designated for your course.
- Start asking questions, and pay attention to the questions of others.
For many courses, there is a designated table where you can find help at almost any time on weekdays.