The Learning Resources Center (LRC) will offer online tutoring sessions through Zoom during the spring 2021 semester. Below you will find the tutoring schedules, course information, and Zoom meeting IDs. You can join a Zoom meeting by entering the meeting ID into the Zoom Web Portal, the desktop app, or the mobile app. Please see the directions below. For more information about Zoom, please see the Zoom Meeting Quick Start Guide.
Join a meeting via Zoom
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Zoom Web Portal.
- Click Join (Connect to a meeting) to be connected to the Join a Meeting page to input your meeting ID.
- Enter the Meeting ID into the field. The meeting ID is the 9, 10, or 11-digit number located in the schedule below.
- Click Join.
Students looking for tutoring hours through Friday, April 30 can select a topic from the menu to see corresponding courses and available tutoring times.
Spring 2021 Final Exam Week Schedules
Monday, May 3–Thursday, May 6
John Correll—Math 4, 21, 22, 26, 34, 41, 81, 82, 110, 140
Zoom ID: 647 891 0163
- Sunday, May 2 from 7:00–10:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 3 from noon–5:00 p.m. and 7:00–10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 4 from noon–5:00 p.m. and 7:00–10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 from noon–6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 6 from 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Karen Krainer—Math 81, 82, 83, 110, 140, 210, 211 and STAT 100, 200, 250
Email Ms. Krainer to get the Zoom meeting ID.
- Monday, May 3 from 9:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 4 from 9:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 from 9:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
Mark Johnson—Math 140, 141
Zoom ID: 724 288 0947
- Monday, May 3 from 8:00–9:00 a.m. and 1:30–4:00 p.m.
Nichole Ream—Math 4, 21, 200
Zoom ID: 660 937 3913
- Monday, May 3 from noon–3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 4 from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 from noon–1:00 p.m.
Zoom ID: 987 8194 1756
- Tuesday, May 4 from noon–1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 from noon–1:00 p.m. (Zoom ID: 973 4244 3496)
- Thursday, May 6 from 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
About the Learning Resources Center
Penn State Altoona's Learning Resources Center (LRC) helps students to be successful in learning. All services are free to Penn State Altoona students. The LRC is located on the first floor of the Eiche Library. Tutoring is handled primarily by professional tutors or by instructors from the discipline during the fall and spring semesters. In some subjects, peer tutoring is also available. Peer tutors are students who have aced the class you are seeking help with and have received tutor training.
Please remember that tutoring is not intended to replace your class, but to add more detail to what you have learned in class or during your instructor’s office hours.
To access these free services:
- Choose the schedule for your course from the menu.
- Show up at the place and time designated for your course.
- Start asking questions, and pay attention to the questions of others.
For many courses, there is a designated table where you can find help at almost any time on weekdays.