- State-funded gift aid awarded by the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) to undergraduate Pennsylvania residents who demonstrate high financial need.
- Awarded based on financial need and enrollment status: full-time (12 or more credits) or half-time (6 credits) for a maximum of 8 semesters to students enrolled in a four-year program and a maximum of 4 semesters to students enrolled in a two-year program.
Note: If students choose to apply for a Summer PHEAA State Grant, it will be counted towards the maximum semesters of eligibility.
- If PHEAA receives a student's FAFSA information by May 1, they are automatically considered for the grant.
- Recipients must meet student aid eligibility requirements.
- PHEAA Grant regulations state that, for an approved program of study, at least 50% of the coursework for the minimum program length must be taken through classroom instruction in order to remain eligible for PHEAA Grant consideration. This does not include online or independent learning courses.