A simple how-to guide and checklist for your next sustainable event.
- Serve fair trade or ethically-sourced coffees and teas.
- Choose free-range or no-meat options.
- Provide menus or signage for sustainably sourced foods.
- Provide dietary options (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free).
- Select healthy menu items (low in sugar, fat, and salt).
- Compostable cups, napkins, and cutlery.
- Shop local markets, farms, and grocers.
- Compost all foods (partner with the Intermunicipal Relations Committee)
- Linens, china, silverware
- Event décor and centerpieces (choose seasonally, naturally found, and/or recycled materials)
- Provide water bottles or tumblers to serve drinks (doubles as event gift)
- Provide reusable cloth bags where appropriate
Buy in bulk to reduce packaging and waste
Your Efforts Make a Difference!
This simple checklist goes a long way and contributes to a more sustainable Penn State Altoona! Contact Dr. Lisa Emili at lae[email protected] with any questions.