Hussein Abdeltawab received his Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from University of Alberta, Canada, in 2017. He worked as an electrical design engineer with different consulting companies. Hussein has participated in more than 50 projects in Electric power distribution, construction and Automation. Hussein is a licensed Professional Engineer in Canada. Currently, he is an assistant teaching professor of electrical engineering at Penn State Altoona. His research interests include Energy Management, Renewable Energy, control and optimization of power systems, Automatic Control, and power electronics.
- H. H. Abdeltawab, AL ElShafei, WA Farag, MS Saad., “A robust LMI-based pitch controller for large wind turbines,” Renewable Energy, Volume 44, August 2012, Pages 63–71. Available:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2011.12.016
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Market-Oriented Energy Management of a Hybrid Wind-Battery Energy Storage System via Model Predictive Control with Constraints Optimizer”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 62., no. 11, Pages 6658 - 6670, Nov. 2015. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=7110555&tag=1
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Robust Energy Management of a Hybrid Wind and Flywheel Energy Storage System Considering Flywheel Power Losses Minimization and Grid-Code Constraints”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 4242-4254, Vol. 63, Issue 7, July, 2016. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7412712/
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Robust operating zones identification for energy storage day-ahead operation,” Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks, Vol. 10, June 2017 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352467717300462
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Mobile Energy Storage Scheduling and Operation in Active Distribution Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, p 6828-6840, Sept. 2017. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7879208/
- M Taha, H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “An Online Energy Management System for a Grid-Connected Hybrid Energy Source,” IEEE Transactions on Emerging topics in Power Electronics, in the press.
- H.H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Energy Management of Uncertain Distributed Energy Resources via Multiagent Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, to-be-submitted.
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Allocation and Sizing of Mobil Energy Storage in Active Distribution Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, , to-be-submitted.
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y. A. I. Mohamed, “Energy storage Sizing and allocation for Distribution network Cost minimization,” IEEE Transactions on power system, Nov. 2017, submitted.
- H.M. Hassan, WA Farag, M Shawkey, AL ElShafei, Designing Pitch Controller for Large Wind Turbines via LMI Techniques, International Conference on Smart Grid and Clean Energy Technologies (ICSGCE 2011), pp. 503:509, Sep. 2011, China. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2011.10.107
- H.M. Hassan, WA Farag, MS Saad, Abdel Latif Elshafei , Design of Multi-Objective Robust Pitch Control for Large Wind Turbines, IEEE World Congress on Sustainable Technologies (WCST-2011) pp. 95:100 ‒ Nov. 2011, UK, Available: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6114245
- H.M. Hassan, WA Farag, MS Saad, Abdel Latif Elshafei, Robust dynamic output feedback pitch control for flexible wind turbines, 2012 IEEE Energytech, PP 1-6, May 2012- Cleveland, OH http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6304632
- H.M. Hassan, WA Farag, MS Saad, AL Elshafei, Adaptive Look-Ahead Feedforward Wind Turbine Pitch Control using LIDAR Technology, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 65 2012, PP 675-681, May-2012, Netherlands.
- H.M. Hassan, Y.A.I. Mohamed, Market-oriented energy management of a hybrid power system via model predictive control with constraints optimizer, IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2014- National Harbor, MD http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6939571
- H. H. Abdeltawab, Y .A.I. Mohamed, Operating Zones Identification for Independent-Energy-Storage, Energy, Utility & Environmental Conference (EUEC), Feb. 2015, San Diego, CA.
Control and Optimization of Power Systems
Ph D, Electrical and Computer Engineering