Based on Orientation Leader (OL) training and Welcome Week experiences, OLs will:
- Understand various student cultures on campus and have increased self-awareness of own identity within these cultures.
- Improve or refine interpersonal skills such as active listening, effective communication, recognition of emotions in self and others, and how to manage conflict.
- Develop skills related to being a successful member of a team.
- Demonstrate flexibility, responsibility, adaptability, and willingness to serve others.
- Understand the ethical implications of leadership, civic, and social responsibility.
- Report meaningful increased confidence, peer friendships, and/or mentorship experiences.