LIFE Altoona offers an interactive and engaging living/learning environment in which its members promise to abstain from the use of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco products at all times. Resident Assistants in LIFE are specially trained to gear both their educational and social programs towards individuals who have chosen to engage in a substance-free lifestyle. These programs will take place throughout each semester and many of the social programs will take place on weekends to give residents an on-campus outlet for socialization and friendship. Many of the educational programs will give students an opportunity to challenge and explore their personal values and ideals, along with giving residents great knowledge and personal growth.
For additional information on LIFE, contact the Office of Residence Life or view the LIFE Constitution. If you would like to reside in an environment such as LIFE, please complete the LIFE Application online.
Discover is a special living option for first-year students that is supported by the Division of Undergraduate Studies. It gives residents the opportunity to explore the many academic programs and majors offered at Penn State. Residents receive individualized attention from staff and faculty members and develop strong relationships with their peers as they learn to make informed, responsible career choices.
- Help students choose the right major.
- Help students achieve their desired GPA.
Instructions on choosing a Special Living Option on your Housing Contract
- Go to eLiving and click on eLiving Logon
- Use your Friends of Penn State ID to login (from your My Admissions profile)
- Click on "Update Preferences"
- Choose "Discover" or "LIFE" under the Special Living Options Preferences box
- If choosing the "LIFE" Special Living Option, please complete the online application above
For more information on Special Living Options please contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org