Students who wish to borrow a laptop may have one loaned to them by visiting the Student Technology Desk, located in the Computer Center, 234 Hawthorn Building. There are PC and Mac computers available to be checked out. The laptops include a standard set of programs including Microsoft Office for PC and Mac, Microsoft Visual Studio (PC Only) or StudioCode (Mac Only), and iLife (Mac Only).
Borrowing a Laptop
The following are a set of reminders about Loaner Laptops.
- Students must present a valid Penn State ID card in order to borrow a laptop computer.
- Laptops are available for a 3-day loan and are due back by 4 p.m. on the date of return to the Service Desk.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A waiting list is available at the Service Desk, but there will be no reservations.
- There will be a $25.00/day fee for each day that the laptop is not returned. Laptops not returned within 30 days may be presumed lost and a replacement fee of $1,500 will be assessed.
- Any files or programs saved to the laptop during use are deleted and cannot be retrieved after returning the laptop. Always make copies of your work before returning the laptop.
- You are responsible for any laptop borrowed. Report any hardware or software problems to the Service Desk immediately.