Apply for admission to Penn State. Pick from admission OR re-enrollment OR change of campus
- Web site, Admission: Visit the Undergraduate Admission site to determine whether you will be considered a first-year student or a transfer student.
Web site, Re-enrollment or Change of Campus: Penn State Registrar
- Deadlines: Re-enrollment deadlines
- Decisions: Admission decisions are communicated from the University Admission Office to students at their home address via US mail. The letter that is sent is referred to as a student’s Offer of Admission. Re-enrollment or Change of Campus decisions are communicated to students from the Registrar’s Office.
Apply to the VA to transfer your education benefits
- Web sites: Department of Veterans Affairs Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form
Submit this form to the School Certifying Official. It is not necessary to mail this form to the VA.
- Deadline: submit along with the Certification Request for Benefits form, at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Decision: communicated from the Department of Veterans Affairs to students at their home address via US mail. The letter that is sent is referred to as a student’s Certificate of Eligibility.
Apply for financial aid
- Web site: Penn State Altoona Office of Financial Aid
- Deadline: May 1 for maximum consideration
- Decision: communicated from the Office of Financial Aid to the student (and parents of dependent students) via email, directing students to access their Friends of Penn State account to view their Financial Aid Package.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website.