Guidelines for Student Petitions for Alternative Grading Exceptions (Senate Policy 49-70)
There are two types of petitions: Expedited and Full Senate Review.
Reason: The student must fall into one of these four specific circumstances.
- A final grade was changed by the instructor on or after the May 29, 2020, deadline for the selection of alternative grades by students.
- A final grade was submitted on or after the May 29, 2020, deadline for the selection of alternative grades by students.
- The student changed majors after May 29, 2020, and a letter grade is now required for this course.
- The student changed majors after May 29, 2020, and a letter grade is no longer required for this course.
- The Student meets with and discusses the petition option with their adviser.
- The student completes the required petition form (Adobe PDF).
- The student submits the completed and signed petition form to Altoona College petition submitter, Gina Baird ([email protected]), for final verification of selected circumstance and submission to the Faculty Senate Office.
Full Senate Review Petition
Other Possible Reasons:
- The student missed the deadline due to extenuating circumstances.
- The student believes there was a technical glitch with LionPATH which prevented the submission of alternative grades by the deadline.
- The student meets and discusses the petition option with their adviser.
- If the student claims it was a technical issue, then the adviser emails Gina Baird with the date and time the student claims to have attempted to submit the alternative grades.
- The student’s LP record will then be reviewed by IT; a final report on login information will be included with the student’s petition.
- The student must provide a signed request letter to the faculty senate stating the exception requested and the extenuating circumstance that prevented them from making an informed choice regarding alternative grades before the May 29, 2020, deadline.
- The College Petition submitter will submit a copy of the student's current transcript with the petition.
- The student submits completed and signed request letter to Altoona College petition submitter, Gina Baird ([email protected]), for final verification and submission to the Faculty Senate Office.