Proposal Example: Morrisons Cove Memorial Park
Give a one- or two-sentence description of your internship project/responsibility.
I will be working closely with the MCMP board of directors and senior staff to redesign their logo. The newly redesigned logo will look to the future while maintaining the small feel of the past that is so important to the supporters of the Park.
In a few sentences, give a current “state of affairs” for your organization/industry. What challenges/opportunities is your host site facing. How will your project/responsibility help your host site to address these challenges/opportunities?
MCMP desires to grow their user/patron base. They recognize the need to update their brand to appeal to the changing demographics in their area.
State your approach to this project/responsibility using Bloom’s taxonomic verbs (Level 3 ONLY).
- Research historical documents to understand the current logo and interview any relevant parties. How was it developed? When was it developed? What was the vision of the facility at the time?
- Evaluate the wants/needs of the stakeholders.
- Assess the untapped market.
- Integrate that understanding into your logo/brand design.
- Design a proposed project timeline with budget and deadlines.
- Create a draft logo for review.
- Prepare and present the final logo to the Board of Directors for their approval.
If you are effective with your project/responsibility, what will be your measurable outcomes?
- Graphs representing the current demographics of the area, in contrast to the demographic at the time of the design of the old logo.
- Chart summarizing the wants/needs of the stakeholders.
- OLD vs. NEW logo (being able to explain what elements of the new logo capture the interest/attention of the new demographic).
- Proposed budget to actual expense spreadsheet
- Implementation plan