Your student can give you access to view the Student Account Statement, make payments, enroll in the Installment Payment Plan, and access IRS Form 1098-T by using Authorized Payer Access. Your student grants you access through his/her Student Center in LionPATH. After access is granted, a user ID, temporary password, and login link will be sent to you via email.
Federal law prohibits Penn State representatives from corresponding or speaking about the student’s account with anyone other than the student unless the student has designated the individual as an Authorized Payer.
Granting Authorized Payer Access
Students grant Authorized Payer Access
To grant access follow these steps:
- Log in to LionPATH
- Click on "Student Home Base"
- Scroll to the bottom right side of the page, and click on the Quick Link "Manage Account/Make Payment" to get to your Student Account Dashboard
- Click on "Add New" in the Authorized Payers section
After a student grant access, a user ID, temporary password, and login link will be sent to the Authorized Payer.
Authorized Payer Access for Multiple Students
If you have more than one student at Penn State, regardless of campus, you can easily link your students’ accounts. However, each student will need to create a separate user ID for you, and you will receive separate temporary passwords for each student.
To link multiple student accounts:
- Visit LionPATH and click on the “Authorized Payer Access” tab.
- Use your Authorized Payer user ID and password provided by your student to log in.
- Navigate to the “Student Links” section on the Payment Gateway dashboard, which will display the name of the student you are currently viewing.
- Select “Add New” to link another student account and enter the Authorized Payer user ID and password for that student’s account.
The “Student Links” section in the Account Dashboard will show the names of the linked accounts.
Click on the student’s name to transfer between accounts without having to log out and then back into the system.
Please Note: Access to view and pay tuition is provided when your student grants you Authorized Payer Access in LionPATH. Authorized Payer Access is separate and in addition to Delegated Access that the student grants via LionPATH for academic information.
LionPATH is Penn State’s student information system. Students use LionPATH to enroll in classes, view financial aid, pay tuition, check grades, and more.
You can also view your student’s data--such as grades, financial aid and class schedules--by using Delegated Access. In addition, you can pay tuition by using Authorized Payer Access. Delegated Access and Authorized Payer Access are two separate functions within LionPATH. More information is available on LionPATH, including tutorials about Delegated Access and Authorized Payer Access.
Using Delegated Access
In order for you to access student data in LionPATH, your student must first provide access to you.
- Step 1: Provide your student with your email address to receive your activation email. This email will also serve as your Login ID.
- Step 2: Once your student has given you access, you will receive an activation email that will contain a Login ID, temporary password, and a link for you to log in and view those areas your student has shared.
Note: If you are a Penn State employee or student, the link to view shared information is a different URL than you may normally use to access LionPATH.
- For staff who are students and use LionPATH in daily work, use lionpath.psu.edu.
- For all staff who have been given Delegated Access by their student, use public.lionpath.psu.edu and click on the “Delegated Access” tab.
Delegated Access for Multiple Students
If you have more than one student and both delegate access to you, use the same email address and password to access information shared by each student. The email initiated by the first student will include a temporary password. After you reset your password, emails sent from additional students will not contain a temporary password. When multiple students give you Delegated Access, each of them is listed when you login; however, you can only view one student’s data at a time.